Sunday, March 30, 2014

An Exercise and Opportunity for Greater Happiness

Something I have been thinking a lot about is the blessings we are unaware of. The things that we have access to, but maybe have no idea how to access them or maybe have no knowledge that they are even there. Happiness that we could have right now if we would just reach and work a little harder for it.

What made me think of it is this...
I have been trying to eat as healthy as I can and exercise hard every day. I have been trying to cut out bad food, or at least minimize how much I consume these foods (more than I have in the past that is). The results of being consistent for just even a few weeks have been incredible. I have more energy, more mental clarity, I look better, I feel better, I'm happier... This list could go on and on. It is just incredible! But here is the 'kicker'... I would never know truly how this feels without going all the way and staying consistent. 
Pondering over this for a few days and realizing all that I have missed out on (and what others are missing out on), I realized the parallels between this and the gospel. We really do not know all the of the blessings our Father in Heaven has in store for us. We could never know... unless we exercise faith and obedience to his laws and ordinances. Once we make the decision to go full steam ahead and stay consistent, it is only until then that we will be worthy to receive and experience all that he has in store for us right now. Ya... right now! He has many blessings that he is holding for you. All we have to do is ask, have faith, act, and continue to do so. I can't even imagine the happiness he has in store for me that I have access to right now if I just reach a little farther for it.

We truly will never know unless we simply make that decision, try, and... test it out.
See how it works, then expect results.

With Love, 
jm

"It should be no surprise that as we become more godlike we become more powerful. Knowledge brings power; purity brings power; love brings power. The acquisition of each divine trait brings power. Power and godhood are directly related...One of the ironies of life is that we acquire love as we give it away; we increase in knowledge as we dispense what we have. And so it is with certain powers. As we exercise power in righteousness, we acquire more power. As we exercise power in unrighteousness, we lose even more than we gave away." - Tad R. Callister, The Infinite Atonement

No comments:

Post a Comment